Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Ok I'm laughing at my self as I prepare to tell you the story of my weekend thus far.

First off I had Friday off making it a 4 day weekend from work. (Unfortunately it is an unpaid non-voluntary day.)  I make plans with Phazia to go out hunting for boxes in the Brunswick area.  No problem. The first box wasn't too hard to locate, however all of a sudden it got SUPER busy & was hard for us to put it back.  Damn it what the hell do people want ice cream all at once for?

We get to one of the other locations for a box... take the little walk in to the woods... find the clue... and NO box.... we thought maybe with the rain & such it may have been buried a bit deeper than it was before or maybe it had been found by a "muggle" or a furry critter and been moved.  Nope. Just no stinking box.  We spent quite a bit of time there looking for it, trying to be as contentious as possible. On two occasions I had a run in with parts of the tree that were unpleasant & I'm still hurting from today. Hrumph. On the way back we had a little run in with a trash can in a cemetery in Lisbon which basically pushed us over the edge of wrapping it up for the day.

On Saturday I came to realize that I totally TOTALLY wrote the clue wrong for one of my plants.  What the hell am I doing?  I had MissMae give it a test run & she basically told me I was a bit DUH for that one.  So I've fixed the issue and now hopefully people can find the box. On our way to a BBQ we stopped & dropped some boxes at a few locations.  One being a childhood memory of MissMae's, which she had a blast from the past as we trekked up to the area we wanted it planted in.  Easier said than done come to find out.  This one ended up in a tree of all places, not my normal plant. Next one was also a blast from the past for her, however it had changed a LOT since she had been there.  Totally re-done.  It was harder hiding this box because of the new layout but I finally found a place for it and HOPE that little hands don't locate it and move it. Doubtful.

I think I'll be getting those last two elements planted tomorrow.  They seem to be giving me a hard time. Every time I go out to make the drop there's way too many people around for a quiet cemetery. I think I'm just hitting it at the wrong time of the day.  Maybe a mid day drop would be better.  Seems to be a lot of folks in the early mornings going for walks and also late afternoon/dinner time walks.  However I'd have been ok to run in to one of those walkers today considering he was quite hot. :-)

Well that's my adventure so far this weekend, two more days to go.

Adding pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment