Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Clues

The hardest thing about Letteboxing I have found is writing clues for planted boxes.  I've read some really awesome clues and I find mine are not that great.  I'm not sure if I'm going for quantity or quality, why can't I do both?

That question leads me in to the fact that I need to RE-carve my Great Falls stamp because it SUCKS!  I was in a rush I admit. The effort wasn't there.  I'm disappointed with it.  I'm going to work very hard on the next stamp so maybe people will come back to it to restamp it.  So step one, get an AWESOME photo of the falls. 2) sketch out a better composition. 3) take the time to carve it right & don't rush!. 4) replace current stamp with new stamp.

So I created an addict when I introduced Phazia to Letterboxing.  She's surpassed me in finds all ready.  Brat. Basically every place they go she finds a box. She's also looking in to adopting a RIP series. So we may need to sit down and do some carving to replace some missing stamps. Although RIP#4 should have 2 boxes moved to another RIP series bases on geography, in my opinion.

Here are two ways I put out boxes.  The most recent is I put some camo & brown duct tape on some plastic food containers & added baggies with the log book & stamp to them.  They're a bit harder to hide due to their size.

The time before that I used camo & brown duct tape on freezer bags & added a small plastic container to the bag with the stamp and log book (which I created) in to the bag.  This works if I custom make the log books & have the right size plastic containers.

I still don't know which I like best.  I'm not really fond of the first plant that was a stamp & a small bought log book in a plastic case with clear tape & a note, in a baggie.

I've seen some Lock-n-Locks like the one pictured under the "Stuff" tab. I wonder what other people use and how they create their plants & clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment