Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

My Bag

Ok the title of this post is open to several smart remarks... I know.  But this post is about my letterboxing bag/pack.  I've been searching for something to replace what I have, but in reality I already have one of the best bags I think. At this point I may just try to find a way to organize it better.

Here's the bag. It's an LL Bean Critter Pack I got at the Outlet in Freeport. It was embroidered with someone's initials (not mine - but close) and there's a little racoons on it. It's big enough for me to add both kid's books a small pocket book if needed.
It has a small front half mesh pocket, a larger pocket behind that to keep pens, pencils & stuff in, and a good size pocket between the raccoon and the initials.
Both sides have pockets. You can see one here. This one has the extra mesh small watter bottle holder. Although I don't generally use it for water, because I cary 24 ounce bottles.
Here's most of the stuff I keep in this pack. Not pictured here are two pocket knives (one is lost in my living room right now), a clip board, hair ties, a flashlight, sunglasses, scissors, a single whole punch, zip ties of various lengths, a bottle of water (24 oz) and more often than not my kids' books & stamps. I still have room for more, and sometimes throw in my ipod, wallet/purse, and other such necessities.
If we're going to a large event we have sketch books 8x10 that we use & I make the kids cary their own stuff in those ruck sacks with the draw strings. I throw a bunch of Crayola markers in each of them & set them loose.
A set of Stamping Up mini ink pads (and always use the same sage green to usually stamp in with.), a little spray mister of water, bug spray, non-arisol. Gardining gloves for digging in messy places. (learnd my lesson there.) Any HH that need to be planted. A roll of duct tape (which ever I remember to throw in), bandanas for clean up or sweat bands, a compass, a sharpie, at least one pencil, blue pen, & black pen
A large gallon size bag, in it is an extra large baggie, a few different size baggies including; pint, quart, & snack size. A baggie with paper towels & another with clorox wipes (usually for really dirty hands or whatever). Also I have extra index cards. I had a single hole punch & zip ties in there at one time. (guess I should put them back in.)
My stamping markers set of 24. Love the pouch they're in. The pouch has a hidden pocket where I keep my mini sig stamp for those wee little books. Extra batteries for my camera, & obviously my camera (i'm using it to take the picture now). My sig stamps, & my PT.
I've figured out that I should probably add a first aid kit, a small one. I usually have mine in the car anyways, but I'm not always using my car or close to it. There was something else I was thinking I should add but I forgot as I wrote this blog.
I'd be eager to see what you have in YOUR bag. :-)

1 comment: